Re: non-64bit platforms? (Re: g[u]int64 GValues (was GValue questions))

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!

> > right, but afaik, 64bit ints are not supported on all system/compiler versions
> > that glob runs on. at least historically this has been an issue, which is why
> > we special-case guint64 definitions in glib based on a configure.in check.
> > i'm not quite sure where 64bit ints fail nowadays though, irrc, orbit
> > has a hard dependancy on 64bit ints for quite some time now and runs on a
> > bunch of systems.
>
> Midnight commander (even text edition) depends on glib, and it really
> wants to be portable to obscure systems... Try to ask on mc-devel if
> all platforms do have 64-bit integers...

All**1 platforms with gcc do. And practicly all 'long long' using code out
there relies on it being 64 bits, so it's unlikely that gcc ports would
use some other size for it.

**1 - not counting really obscure things like Motorola 24 bit dsps, and
any 16 bitters.