Re: g_io_channel_read_chars() loop

> From: Joel Becker <jlbec evilplan org>
>
> On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 06:14:34PM -0700, Ron Steinke wrote:
> > Are you using UTF-8 encoding (the defualt)? Sounds liked you backed out
> > my fixes to read from encoded_read_buf instead of read_buf for UTF-8.
> > That may have broken something.
>
> 	No, I am setting the encoding to the current system encoding.
> As far as I can tell, this uses the encoded_read_buf in both sets of
> code.  AFAICT, while there was a lot of renaming from use_buf to
> USE_BUF(channel) and the like, it didn't change the semantics for the
> worse.  I traced the HEAD code many times, and it looked ok to me.  So I
> dunno where in your change it could have broke.  Can you reproduce this?
> If I can find the time I will try to strip out the code for a test case.
> It is pretty generic stuff.

Looking back at the Changelog, it looks like the changes I was talking
about went in on the third, so they're probably already in the
earlier version you're using (it's the Changelog entry that
mentions fixing bug 58472).

When you say you're using the system encoding, what do you mean?
If you mean that you're not setting it, the default is always
UTF-8. If you mean you're setting it to some particular
system encoding using g_io_channel_set_encoding (), which
encoding is it?

Ron