Re: g_io_channel_read_chars() loop

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 05:33:51PM +0100, Joel Becker wrote:
> 	So, I did an update yesterday.  Lo and behold, my application
> starts looping.  Unfortunately, it seems pretty random, but not at all
> rare.  I am merely doing a g_io_add_watch() on a subprocess file
> descriptor.  In my GPollFunc, I call g_io_channel_read_chars().
> Sometimes the run works just fine.  Others, I get a loop here:

> 	I've looked at the code extensively, and at the changes from the
> last checkin, and I don't see anything out of the ordinary.  It looks
> clean to me.  But I'm still getting this behavior.  It happens on both
> Linux 2.2 and 2.4, though it triggers more often on 2.4.

	More fun information.  Patching it back to '5 days ago' (as of
16:19 PDT 08/09) makes it work again.  But for the life of me, I can't
see why.  I've looked at the code.  I've looked at the diffs.  Dunno.
Still looking.

Joel

--

Life's Little Instruction Book #94

	"Make it a habit to do nice things for people who
	 will never find out."

			http://www.jlbec.org/
			jlbec evilplan org