Re: GdkPixbufAnimation

Helmethead <hoshem mel comcen com au> writes:
> While on the subject, you should try using the GdkPixbufLoader. I haven't been able to get my head very well around the problems and come up with a solution..
>
> I vaguely remember some things:
> - Biggest problem is that area_prepared doesn't pass in the new
> pixbuf as documented, making the api unusable

You just call gdk_pixbuf_loader_get_pixbuf() when you get this signal.

> - The api is awkward and crappy to implement. It seems designed for
> applications that don't know whether they want a pixbuf or an
> animation, which is a bit silly.
> - It requires that the first frame of an animation be used as the
> "static image" if that's what the app wants. Maybe this is what you
> want though, I don't know.

I believe you can just ignore the animation part using only the area_*
signals. See gtk-demo, if I've checked in my image demo, I think I
have.

> The loader api also depends on the GtkPixbufFrame style of doing
> things, if you want to abolish it you need to rework the loader I
> think.

This is true.

I'm not sure what the semantics of the loader are exactly with
animations, need to think it through.

Havoc