Re: Portability and distribution with Gtk+ 1.3

> All development for the accessibility and multiple display support projects
> are done on Solaris only. Once we got the right versions of GNU tools
> installed, building glib/pango/gtk was fairly straight forward.

It would be interesting to know what GNU tools you are referring to.

We have a whole bunch of GNU tools (autoconf, make, gcc, tar, gzip, patch,
 binutils) installed on all our systems, and still, had lots of troubles
building properly gtk+ (we only tried on Solaris which is usually pretty
standard and straightforward).

Arno