Re: Argument parsing

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> is there any reason why GTK+ is still manually parsing all its
> command line arguments and not using popt ?

Because popt is fairly crappy and we don't want a dependency on it.
The idea for much of the 2.0 cycle was to add a nice arg parser to
glib. But it got punted.

(As an implementation detail, we could use statically-linked popt
internally for our own args, but it doesn't seem very interesting
whether that's done or not.)

Havoc