Re: textview conflicts in C++

Mikael Hermansson <mikeh bahnhof se> writes:

> Today I tried to use latest CVS HEAD Gtk+ library in a C++ application.
>
> But gcc 2.95.2 give me parse error when reading textview.h fixed it
> by rename signal callback void (* delete) to void(*_delete)  in textview.h
>
> doesn't this error happen in inti and wasn't this reported before and fixed
> or is there a better solution?

It was reported before, and we discussed it some, but we never actually
fixed it; the main question is what should be used instead as a
name. I think Havoc was leaning in favor of:

 move_cursor
 delelete_from_cursor
 insert_at_cursor

Which are verbose, but unconflicting and clear. (::delete_text
needs to be reserved for GtkEditable)