Re: Window naming convention

Chema Celorio <chema celorio com> writes:
> I just want to fix this problem.
>
> Just tell me where should we put this little function. I can then
> make a diff against whatever package+branch you think this should
> go into. Either gnome-libs, gtk or gal.
>
> maybe gtk_window_set_title_with_document  ?

I'm not in charge of either GTK, gnome-libs, or gal, so I can't really
say. I think a thing along these lines would be nice in GTK. That is
only my opinion though.

In general if something is sort of hacky or experimental I would
prefer it in GAL to gnome-libs, since GAL is a GPL library that I
expect to be unstable it's already not really part of the devel
platform for 3rd party apps, just an internal refactoring of our own
apps. gnome-libs should be becoming more mature and more carefully
maintained with greater resistance to new interfaces if it's going to
avoid the massive breakage we see from 1.0->2.0 in the future.

I don't think this function is particularly hacky or experimental,
however. The only issue is to think through exactly what args it
should take, and be sure you get the ones people will want.

Havoc