Re: glib time functions

* Christian Egli (christian egli stest ch) wrote at 16:37 on 30/11/00:
> Darin Adler <darin eazel com> writes:
>
> > An outstanding resource (in case you're not already aware of it) is
> > Frequently Asked Questions about Calendars
> > <http://www.tondering.dk/claus/calendar.html>.
>
> And another very good source is the work of Nachum Dershowitz and
> Edward M. Reingold. They have written a book which is probably the
> single best place to go for a wide variety of calendars and
> algorithms. There are also two papers:
>
> * ``Calendrical Calculations'', Dershowitz, N. & Reingold, E. M. 1990
>   Software-Practice and Experience 20 899

This is the exact source that I used :) Thanks for providing the URL so
clearly. I didn't use the one below because it (obviously) doesn't talk about
the Islamic calendar.

Note: This source uses emacs lisp (and is the implementation found in GNU
Emacs' calendar program I believe). I basically use the same algorithm :) (it
was a nice challenge to convert lisp to C, considering I don't know lisp). I
also have the nice additions of time_t -> Islamic and vice versa (where this
paper only has 'absolute')

> * ``Calendrical Calculations, II: Three Historical Calendars'',
>   Reingold, E. M., Dershowitz, N., & Clamen, Stewart, M. 1993
>   Software-Practice and Experience 23 383.
>

> You can find those papers on Edward M. Reingold web site
> (http://emr.cs.uiuc.edu/~reingold/calendars.shtml).

Regards,
Ali