Re: GtkArg

Mikael Hermansson <mikeh bahnhof se> writes:
> 1. I saw that the new text_view using the old GtkArg API in
> some code will this be replaced by the g_param stuff?

I'm planning to port to GObject after g_signal_emit() and
g_signal_new() are implemented. I think that's the only feature
missing right now.

Though I'm also inclined to wait for Tim to rename GParam to
GProperty. ;-)

> [Offtopic]
> 2. This should maybe not be asked here but what is
> g_closure_add_[i/f]notify used for?
> [/Offtopic]

If you really want to know, and you don't, here's a long thread:
 http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2000-October/msg00058.html

The functions should have longer names instead of the cryptic
abbreviations, i.e. g_closure_add_invalidate_notify(),
g_closure_add_finalize_notify(). "Invalidate" means essentially the
same as "destroy" on a widget, that everyone should drop their
reference to the closure. In effect it disconnects the closure from
any signals it's connected to.

Havoc