Re: Making GModule use GError.

On 8 Nov 2000, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> One note: even if we add the GError, only g_module_open() sensibly
> needs it; g_module_symbol() can only really fail because the symbol
> doesn't exist, so returning NULL is fine, and g_module_close() is not
> very interesting to check errors on.

beeep. wrong answer, you got as many washing machines as you can carry :)

for one, g_module_symbol() already returns success with a boolean
value, for another, NULL can be returned for a successfully looked
up symbol so wouldn't be a good error indicator (if that'd be the
case, it'd already return the value and NULL on error).

> Havoc

---
ciaoTJ