Re: becoming embebbed

"Chang Woo Lee\(Ultracat\)" <ultracat@gmate.co.kr> writes:

> but.. GTK's size is.. hundreds of MB... it is so BIG..

hundreds of MB?

I can't really imagine where this number is coming from.

Disk size:

 The total size of the standard GTK+, GDK, and GLib libraries on disk combined is about
 1.5 MB.

 I've created GTK+ libraries statically linked with everything from libc
 up which are just slightly over 1 MB.

Memory size:

 The total resident size for a small dynamically linked GTK+ application is
 about 1.7M, where about 0.2M is unshared. The total resident size would be
 less for a statically linked binary, but the unshared size would be bigger.

These numbers could definitely be considerably improved with some work at trimming
down GTK+; they are numbers for unmodified GTK+.