Re: gdk-pixbuf to GTK

> I'm in favor of doing this, though this would introduce (optional)
> libtiff, libpng, and libjpeg dependencies for GTK+. XPM simply
> is not a good format, and having that be the only native image
> format for GTK+ is rather silly.

Having just gone through the pain of helping a friend build Enlightement
for Solaris (which required IMlib, which in turn required 5 bazillion
twisty little image libraries, all with different build procedures) might I
suggest bringing in the required tiff/jpeg/png code into the main GTK
codebase somehow?

As in grabbing the main GTK tarball should include this code, and the main
GTK configure should configure it.

DG