Re: Framebuffer port of GTK/GDK !!

On Wed, Mar 22, 2000 at 08:09:02PM -0600, Raja R Harinath wrote:
> > What is Nano-X?
> >
> > Nano-X is the X-like API that Microwindows supports.  It is based on David
> > Bell's mini-X server API, and includes X-like primitives for low-level
> > window and graphics operations.  Window management is not included, and
> > the window look and feel must be created through a widget set or directly
> > by the applications programmer.  Currently, there are a number of people
> > working on widget sets for Nano-X.  There is some discussion about
> > converting the Nano-X API to be X Window System compatible.
>
> I am confused.  I was talking about DinX (dinx.sourceforge.net).  This
> FAQ entry talks about Nano-X.  I don't think they are the same
> project, though DinX was last updated in December.
>
> If this is a continuation of a different conversation thread about
> Nano-X, that would explain it.  I don't however know the licensing
> situation of Nano-X, so I can't comment on your suggestion.
>
> - Hari

I found it confusing as well. ;-) However, similar licensing applies
to Microwindows as well.

-Shawn

--
Shawn T. Amundson                       amundson@eventloop.com
Research and Development                http://www.eventloop.com/

"The assumption that the universe looks the same in every
 direction is clearly not true in reality." - Stephen Hawking