Re: Framebuffer port of GTK/GDK !!

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:
> Raja R Harinath <harinath@cs.umn.edu> writes:
> [snip description of DinX]
> > There would be, however, the GPL contamination of the GDK LGPL, or if
> > the MPL is compatible with LGPL, it may be OK.
>
> 	We could always (diplomatically) ask the copyright holders to give
> it to us under an LGPL license.  If no-one objects, I will subscribe to
> their mailing list and probe them about it...?

> 	Further interesting info from the FAQ:

> What is Nano-X?
>
> Nano-X is the X-like API that Microwindows supports.  It is based on David
> Bell's mini-X server API, and includes X-like primitives for low-level
> window and graphics operations.  Window management is not included, and
> the window look and feel must be created through a widget set or directly
> by the applications programmer.  Currently, there are a number of people
> working on widget sets for Nano-X.  There is some discussion about
> converting the Nano-X API to be X Window System compatible.

I am confused.  I was talking about DinX (dinx.sourceforge.net).  This
FAQ entry talks about Nano-X.  I don't think they are the same
project, though DinX was last updated in December.

If this is a continuation of a different conversation thread about
Nano-X, that would explain it.  I don't however know the licensing
situation of Nano-X, so I can't comment on your suggestion.

- Hari