Re: Framebuffer port of GTK/GDK !!

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, ArcadePreserv Center wrote:

> I have been looking at GTK. From what I understand *all* you have to port to
> get a full GTK enviroment running without X, (which is needed for low memory
> useage, both internal and secondary) ported is GDK, the underlying drawing
> toolkit. This has also been done, there is a ms-windows port of GDK, GTK and

On a totatally unrelated topic: How hard would it be to port GTK+ to
Win32 instead of GDK? I mean, I'm sure there's a way to port at least the
fundamental GTK+ widgets to native Windows widgets (basically reducing
GTK+ to an API-to-API wrapper). Is someone working on this? I'm quite sure
this would improve speed on Windows a lot.

--
   .--= ULLA! =----------------------------.  finger cactus@cactus.rulez.org
   \      http://cactus.rulez.org           \   for PGP public key