Re: Gapped Text Buffer

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:
> o  Supports guchar, GdkWChar, and adding support for other element types
>    will be very easy (GUChar will take <5 mins to implement :).  Grep
>    "DATATYPE code" for all type-specific source code...

A GdkWChar buffer is going to blow your memory usage well past my
widget which uses UTF8... GUChar also, though not as badly since I
think GUChar is 16 bit...

Something to keep in mind since I think your primary goal with the
gapped buffer was to reduce memory usage over the tree. So you might
want to think about using UTF8, which complicates your life a bit.

Havoc