Re: New source forge project ggitk

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, Andreas Beck wrote:

>> I have finaly chosen a direction for world domination,
>*hehe* Did you, Brain ? Really ?
>
>> Now I was currious to know if anyone has any sujested plans of attack.
>> Should I just port GDK to raw LibGGI calls or should I use some other
>> library underneath GDK such as SDL or something?
>
>If there is a port to SDL, you can of course just use that, as SDL can
>display on LibGGI. Other than that I'd rather port it directly to LibGGI.

Really what I ment here was should I truely port GDK to LibGGI or emulate
the GDK API through preexisting libraries.

>> Would libXMI or libgwt help or is there focus too different for GDK?
>
>Hmm - Do you have an idea what LibGDK requires as API ? If more complex
>stuff is used, LibXMI might help. If LibGDK emulates such things internally,
>you won't need it. I don't know what LibGDK does about window- and
>eventmanagement. You will probably need at least one of libgwt or libwmh.

I'll have to sit down and dig through the code as I am not that familier
with GDK. I was just not wanting to duplicate effort on the libgwt front.

>> The page site will be ggitk.sourceforge.net and should be up late today or
>> tommorow.
>
>O.K. - tell us when its up, so that pointers can be placed.

-  Bryan Patrick Coleman

UNCG
   bpcolema@uncg.edu
   http://www.uncg.edu/~bpcolema