Re: fribidi

Bruce Ide <bruce.ide@echostar.com> writes:

> Is fribidi in CVS? I was able to find everything else I needed to build
> pango, but I didn't see fribidi in there. I don't mind building 50,000
> dependecies as long as my shopping is one stop. Otherwise invariably the
> web server for one vital library is down, which is never any fun.

CVS is not a source code distribution mechanism, it is a source control
mechanism.

So, the answer is, no, fribidi is not in CVS, and won't be in CVS unless
Dov decides that it would be easier to maintain fribidi if it was in
CVS.

If there are problems with availability with Dov's web site, we can
mirror the tarballs somewhere else without any problems, but so far
I haven't seen any difficulties.

There are links on www.pango.org/download.shtml to all the necessary
dependencies; at some point we'll have to create an equivalent page
on gtk.org.

(fribidi/pango will not be the only dependency - we'll also have image
library dependencies.)