Re: animations with gdk-pixbuf

> > This pixbufloader thing seems interesting, but I think it would be
> > easier/cleaner to add this multi-page stuff into io-tiff directly.
> > Btw, bitmap tiff images can still be loaded to an RGB buffer with the
> > TIFFReadRGBAImage, which is higher level anyway.
>
> The pixbuf-loader is used for progressively loading data.  It doesn't
> change anything other then the fact you can look at 'partially' loaded
> images.  You would need to add the multi-page stuff to io-tiff
> independent of wether or not you progressively load it.
>
> -Jonathan

The multi-page stuff is not an issue in itself. The problem is to load
only the required images when gdk_pixbuf_frame_get_pixbuf is invoked.
The only way I see it is to add a method in each of the io-XXX.c file.
Currently, gdk_pixbuf_frame_get_pixbuf just returns a pointer to the
frame data.

Wolfgang