Re: Gtk{Tree,List} replacement proposal

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:

> Humorous confirmation anecdote - immediately after I sent this someone
> emailed me privately and asked what the C means.

I don't think anyone knows what the C means - I don't know what it
means myself, though I have some guess like "column" - but it hardly
matters for using the widget, since the widget name also contains
"List". I mean, who cares what the C means. ;-)

My favorite renaming idea would be GtkTreeView/GtkTreeModel in the
same way we did GtkTextView/GtkTextBuffer. GtkTreeModel would be the
abstract base; I'm not sure what to call the subclasses.

("List " isn't needed in the name, since it's just a tree, and if you
don't have child nodes it happens to become a list.)

Havoc