Re: Gtk{Tree,List} replacement proposal

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@eazel.com> writes:
> Why do you think it's way too long?

Because I don't feel like typing it.

Wait, I'm using C++ now... ;-)

> I came up with some stats for Owen
> a while back and there were a lot of classes in current Gtk 1.3
> (30-ish total?) that have names longer than this, as long, or shorter
> by no more than two characters (and no, it's not that heavily
> overbalanced to the short end).

Two wrongs, right, etc.

I think clarity should certainly beat brevity if we're talking about a
single function name, but a namespace with 200 names in it is
different, because while yes you have to learn the abbreviation,
it's only one thing to learn which opens the door to 200
easy-to-learn-and-type names.

> What do you think of all the function rename suggestions?

They generally look good.

Havoc