Re: GTK+ OS-9 port

"Jorge Sousa" <jsousa@cfn.ist.utl.pt> writes:

> I would like to port GTK+ to the OS-9 OS.
> Anyone has a clue about the modifications needed in order to generate the
> static libraries with a cross-compiler?

The autoconf/automake/libtool environment is pretty well suited
to doing cross-compilation.

The main thing you'd need to do is deal with the fact that
some runtime tests are done during GTK+ compilation. The way
you do this is by adding defaults to the AC_TRY_RUN statements.
(See the autoconf documentation.)

Once you get compilation working, you most likely have a
much larger task ahead of you, unless a X port for OS-9
exists, you'll need to port GDK onto whatever OS-9's
native windowing system is.

You'll also need to port GLib, though this isn't too hard
assumming your system is reasonably unixy.

Regards,
                                        Own