Re: Double-buffering and request caching

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:
>  > 	I would think that would make the widget slow to respond, and
>  > perhaps flash alot when scrolling.  Do you recommend keeping the drawing
>  > function as an idle task?
>  >

Note that GTK also works this way; implement your drawing in the
draw/expose methods of the widget, then call gtk_widget_queue_draw()
instead of actually drawing, and things just work.

GTK flickers more of course. I believe Tk has a no-subwindows
architecture that makes flicker a bit easier to deal with and is the
long-term GTK plan as well.

Havoc