Re: name the text widget

On Fri, Feb 18, 2000 at 02:59:54PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> My best idea so far is to call the buffer object ("model")
> GtkTextBuffer and the widget part (the view/controller thing)
> GtkTextView. Better suggestions?

	JFC uses JDocument for the model and JTextPane/JTextEditor for
the views.  I don't know how complete your buffer object models a
"document", but the distinction is a good one.  GtkTextBuffer does not
speak to the fact that you are keeping an object tree, not a char[] :-)
	GtkTextPane works well for a "view" name, or GtkTextWindow.  For the
model, if you don't wish the jump to Document, you could maybe use
GtkTextModel.

Joel

--

"Hell is other people."