GtkSavebox widget

On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Thomas Leonard wrote:

[ GtkSavebox widget ]

> Hopefully this system will please everyone! If noone has any complaints
> then I'll put up the current version of the Savebox widget for people to
> try out...

OK, I've created a (very) simple text editor to demo the savebox widget.
You can get it from:

	<http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tal197/Releases/edit-0.1.0.tgz>

Extract it, then compile and run with:

$ Edit/AppRun --compile
$ Edit/AppRun

To save, choose `Save As...' from the File menu. A box will appear. To
save, type in a leafname for the file (eg `MyFile') and then drag the icon
to any XDS-compliant filer.

There is an XDS-compliant filer here:

	<http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~tal197/Releases/roxfiler-0.1.14.tgz>

(compile and run in the same way as for Edit)

You should also be able to save to a remote machine by dragging to a filer
running on that machine and to other applications (in particular, another
copy of Edit). Notice that saving to a remote machine marks the file
unmodified (the * disappears) and updates the path in the title bar, but
saving to an application (local or remote) doesn't.

I think the widget is now ready to be included in the development versions
of GTK+ more or less as is, although there are some useful functions
declared static (eg get_local_path) which should eventually be moved to a
lower level and made generally available.

XDS references

Technical spec:
	<http://www.its.caltech.edu/~jafl/xds/>

Example/test apps: