Re: Scrolling in Entry boxes

Thomas Leonard <tal197@ecs.soton.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that the scrolling in the Entry boxes seems to be a bit off.
>
> For example, find a entry and type a long string. Once it starts scrolling
> you'll find that the cursor isn't visible - it's off the right hand side.
> If you then press Left the cursor comes into view and the last character
> scrolls out of view (quite unneccessarily!). Pressing Right again causes
> the cursor to disappear again and you can't even see all of the character
> *before* the cursor anymore.
>
> The problem seems to be caused by the INNER_BORDER width, which isn't
> taken into account by the scrolling function. This patch seems to fix it.
>
> Oddly, the entry draws text in the right border but not the left (try
> increasing INNER_BORDER to see the effect), although this isn't a big
> problem.

Thu Jan 27 00:15:03 2000  Owen Taylor  <otaylor@redhat.com>

	* gtk/gtkentry.c (entry_adjust_scroll): When calculating
	  things so that the cursor appears on screen, properly
	  take into account INNER_BORDER.
	  (Fixes bug #4754, reported by Antonio Campos)

So, you were about a week late. This will be fixed in 1.2.7.

Thanks anyways,