Re: gtktextbtree.h public?

Mark <jamess1 wwnet com> writes:

> Hello,
>   I would like to make a new text view seperate from gtk+. Should
> gtktextbtree.h be public? It seems pretty important for making new views
> of the text buffer.

gtktextview.[ch] does not include gtktextbree.h - in theory, anything
you need to write a view should be wrapped either in GtkTextLayout
or GtkTextBuffer, (GtkTextBuffer is public, GtkTextLayout,
"semi-public" - we install it, we will guarantee binary compatability
during stable releases, but probably won't be as careful about
breaking source compatibility between releases.)

Now, its true that we've had to add quite a few functions to
GtkTextLayout while working on GtkTextView, and it is possible
that you'll find some more you'll need (so a good reason to start
now and complain if we've missed something!), but in general,
you are not supposed to need to deal with GTK+'s private headers
to write a new view.