Re: Islamic implementation query

La plume légère, à Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 12:56:49AM +0100, heure d'inpiration,
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema écrivait en ces mots:
> Hi Ali,
>
> On Sat Dec 02, 2000 at 12:53:28AM -0200, Ali Abdin wrote:
> -> I began implementing a glib "drop-in" for Islamic calendar support. I have
> -> some questions though.
>
> I doubt whether glib is a suitable place for the Islamic calendar
> stuff. IMHO, it's far too non-general. I think you (or someone else)
> even said the calendar isn't used so much in daily life, but is
> mainly for religious purposes. This is not to say that some library to
> calculate Islamic dates isn't useful to some people - it's just that I
> don't think it belongs in glib, just like function for calculating
> Eastern dates, the times of (sun|moon|...)rise and set etc. shouldn't
> be in. So why don't you make a separate library?

I don't see why it shouldn't be in glib. Glib is a general purpose library
which is trying to provide, first, portable equivalent of the standard C
functions and, second, facilities to make programmers'life easier.

The Islamic calendar is used every day in Islamic nations so it would certainly
be useful.

A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.