Re: File Dialog

Havoc Pennington <hp@redhat.com> writes:

> Well, one factor here is that currently libgnomeui does not require
> GNOME the desktop to be installed. So GNOME should at least fall back
> to an in-process widget if it can't launch the desktop's file manager,
> and that in-process widget should probably use gnome-vfs etc.

I don't think requiring a particular component to be installed to use
libgnomeui is more onerous than requiring a specific library. However,
we don't have to put the future file selector widget into gnome-libs
if we don't want to.

I'm not sure of the value of a widget with only partial GNOME
integration.

 - Maciej