Re: File Dialog

Derek Simkowiak <dereks@kd-dev.com> writes:
> 	Can I take this to mean you _would_ consider a new FileSel widget
> for Gtk2, assuming a good one came along?

Not up to me. I'm pretty sure GTK 2 won't get delayed to wait for
this; it is currently delayed waiting on GSignal and GtkTLView, more
or less. Once those are in things are going to start freezing up.

> 	I would like to have the "issues of hooks to enable the dialog to
> become GNOME-ified" clearly defined.  I want to make sure I do whatever's
> necessary with my widget.

Part of the work of writing any widget is figuring out what is
necessary. I haven't figured it out. But in general, a subclass of the
widget should be able to use gnome-vfs and gnome-mime.

> 	The FileSel is a bit tricky because it deals with things like what
> icons to use for different file types... and how to determine a file's
> type.  And drag'n'drop behaviour between the other filemanagers (Nautilus,
> GMC) and external applications.  I'm not sure how the Gtk+ FileSel should
> work, given that it will probably want to use CORBA in its Gnome
> incarnation.  Will simply making all the functions virtual suffice?  Any
> advice on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

If I had time to figure that out, I would just write the widget. ;-)

Havoc