Re: ## issue with glib.h

on 8/9/00 5:00 PM, Owen Taylor at otaylor@redhat.com wrote:

> The best way of fixing it is probably to check for __VA_ARGS__
> in configure, and if found, use that even for GCC. Moving
> to Raja's variant above will remove the warning, but does
> not get rid of the use of a GCC extension.

Getting rid of the warning would be useful in and of itself, in my humble
opinion. Especially if Red Hat 7.0 ships with the GCC version with the (now
questionable and perhaps to be removed) warning.

Doing a more forward-looking fix, suitable for future GCC versions without
the extension and for other C99 compilers, would be even better, but if it's
a lot more complicated I'd like to see the warning removed in the more
expedient way first.

    -- Darin