Re: gdk-pixbuf merge
- From: Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com>
- To: Kasper Peeters <K Peeters damtp cam ac uk>
- Cc: gtk-devel-list gnome org, federico helixcode com
- Subject: Re: gdk-pixbuf merge
- Date: 27 Apr 2000 11:17:06 -0400
Kasper Peeters <K.Peeters@damtp.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> > One approach is to keep gdk-pixbuf basically as-is, and make GTK but
> > not GDK depend on it. Another is to make GDK depend on the
> > gdk-pixbuf base, and move the render_to_drawable code from
> > gdk-pixbuf in to GDK.
> Does this mean that the idea of a completely gtk/gdk independent image
> loading/saving library has been rejected?
If GDK depends on gdk-pixbuf then gdk-pixbuf will necessarily be
GDK-independent. It's an open question.
(However due to the glib dependency and the name of the library, I
think gdk-pixbuf is unlikely to see significant use outside of GTK
] [Thread Prev