AW: PATCH: Fix for gtk_paint_shadow_gap.

Hallo!

> Umm, pardon my asking, but why would you want a frame which can
> have a label on any side? Is there some benefit to sideways text or
> titles on the bottom of pages that I'm missing here? :-)

> IOW, I have to question the value of including an interface-only
> feature which does nothing to improve interfaces, and provides app
> authors with yet another way to deviate from all known standards.

It depends of how such feature is used. If the application developer
using GTK
can choose another style for each frame he creates, such feature is
devinitely a
bad thing, because it hurts GUI standards. However if the application
developer only
can assign a label without any position hint and the position of the
label will be
defined by the selected GUI style, this is IMHO ok, because it allows
the
user of the program to get a "standard" GUI but also to optimize the
GUI
to his own personal needs. IMHO a GUI engine should be in that way
defined, that
it only described hierachical structure using container objects and
also adding
information necessary to handle the GUI. Visualisation of such
information
should be left as much as possible to the engine itself. In extreme
this
could mean, that the engine chooses to use notebooks or frames
beneath eachother,
radiobutton or a combobox etc... This allows the developer to get its
application
best fitted runable on even extreme devices like handhelds and 21'
monitors and
users to run the application best fitted to them. However consistence
must be
garanteed. The problem is similar to the discussion for what HTML
originally was
build (structural description) and in what it resulted (visual
description).

Ok, long philosophical answer to a simple question....

- --
Gruß...
       Tim.