Re: gdk_draw_bitmap?

Owen Taylor <otaylor@redhat.com> writes:

> So you don't feel that your patch is being neglected in particular,

Well, I mainly wanted to point out that there's no real need for anyone
to look for an implementation of gdk_draw_bitmap as I've already done
so.

> I'll say that no feature patches have been added to GTK+-1.3 at this
> point. Basically, there are major structural issues that need to be
> resolved first, and we haven't had the time to get to them yet, so
> more minor changes are being queued up for later work.

Any chance to get the patch into 1.2.x?

The presence of the declaration of gdk_draw_bitmap in gdk.h indicates
IMO that the missing definition in gdkdraw.c is just an oversight in
1.2, and adding the function wouldn't introduce an incompatibility.

> The patch otherwise looked reasonable, and I see no
> reason why it won't be applied.

Good.

While we're on the topic of bitmap funcions: Is there any particular
reason why there's no equivalent to gdk_pixmap_create_from_xpm, e.g.
gdk_bitmap_create_from_xbm? It's not as if it were difficult to
implement. Most the functionality is already present in Xlib.

Regards,

	Bernhard

--
Bernhard Herzog	  | Sketch, a drawing program for Unix
herzog@online.de  | http://www.online.de/home/sketch/