moving from gtk+-1.0 -> 1.2

Hi, folks. I'm porting gtksheet to gtk+-1.2 and I have the new version
almost ready but I still have a couple of problems moving to the new
gtk+:
 gtksheet is a composite widget with a button and scrollbars. The button
has a label, and compilig in gtk+-1.1.12 it's not longer displayed in the
screen. If I pack three sheets in a notebook, when I change the pages, the
widget doesn't show the scrollbars (I mean, they are there, but they are
not drawn in the first expose event).
 I believe that this has something to do with the changes in
gtkobject/container/widget, and I have something to say about this: Why
don't you mention anything about gtk_widget_composite... and new
features in Changes-1.2.txt? A ChangeLog is not enough from my point of
view. please, don't missunderstand, I would be loosing something...
 I would appreciate any hint,
Thanks,
<ADRIAN>