thoughts on g-list

Two things I noticed during my Gtk+ bughunt:

1 - A lot of code spends time tracking the (a) size and (b) tail ptr of
a GList.  Would be nice if we could cache these values.

2 - A lot of code calls these two functions, one right after another:
	g_list_remove_links (list, old_node)
	g_list_free1 (old_node)
Can this be combined into a g_list_remove_link function perhaps?

Or should g_list_free/g_list_free1 check their arguments, as necessary,
and unlink themselves from any existing list?

Thanks,

	Jeff