Re: some TODO for 1.2:

On 19 January, 1999 - Sebastian Wilhelmi sent me these 2.5K bytes:

> 3) How are chances to get an internationalized (i.e. gettextized) gtk for
>    solaris? compiling and installing gnu gettext here gains nothing, as
>    gnu and system gettext are horrible incompatible and I can't see a way
>    to make applications link againt the gnu one. (as they always find the
>    system one first and link it in, changing the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not a
>    good idea either, as some systems tools denies to work then). What a
>    mess, the best solution would be to prepend all gnu gettext functions
>    and the library name (i.e. intl) with a prefix and use those functions.
>    Those name space collisions are really deadly on solaris. I hope to be
>    disproved on that...

I've found a horrible kludge... after running configure, you edit
config.cache and say that gettext wasn't found in libc.. then re-run
configure and it'll try with -lintl ... But it works... (since gnu
gettext is linked static)

configure should look for more than just gettext (don't remember the
exact symbols missing, will check..)...

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, stric@ing.umu.se, http://www.ing.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student of Computer Science at the University of Umeå