Re: Bugs in 1.1.13

Owen Taylor writes:

> When reporting bugs, please follow the instructions under "How to
> report bugs" in the README file - it would be useful to have more
> information about your system below.

I will do that next time.

>> a) The layout widget does not scroll if I click the arrows on the
>> scrollbars.

> Well, this is sort of a deficiency in the test program; GtkLayout
> doesn't set the step increment because widgets derived from
> GtkLayout may want to set there own values, so GtkLayout leaves the
> value alone.

Ok, please ignore the `fix' i posted, then.

>> b) Testgtk crashes when you select `color selection'. I get
>>
>> Gdk-Message: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

> This is mostly harmless. (Although a bit weird. What locale are you
> setting? da_DK should be supported...)

I didn't set anything. How would I do that?

>> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) serial 1671
>> error_code 8 request_code 2 minor_code 0
>>
>> aborting...  Abort

> OK, an important piece of information we're missing here are details
> about your display. Are you running a 8/24 display?

How do I tell? Testgtk runs on a Sun, the display is an SGI.

Xdpyinfo says:

name of display:    saratoga:0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    Silicon Graphics
vendor release number:    6300
maximum request size:  262140 bytes
motion buffer size:  0
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, MSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    MSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    6
supported pixmap formats:
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 12, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 15, maximum 149
focus:  window 0x2c0000d, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    27
    Adobe-DPS-Extension
[...]
    DCShare
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1280x1024 pixels (350x280 millimeters)
  resolution:    93x93 dots per inch
  depths (5):    1, 8, 12, 15, 24
  root window id:    0x23
  depth of root window:    8 planes
  number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 23
  default colormap:    0x20
  default number of colormap cells:    256
  preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 7
  current input event mask:    0x58203d
    KeyPressMask             ButtonPressMask          ButtonReleaseMask
    EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask          ButtonMotionMask
    SubstructureNotifyMask   SubstructureRedirectMask PropertyChangeMask
  number of visuals:    18
  default visual id:  0x20
  visual:
    visual id:    0x20
    class:    PseudoColor
    depth:    8 planes
    size of colormap:    256 entries
    red, green, blue masks:    0x0, 0x0, 0x0
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
[...]
  visual:
    visual id:    0x31
    class:    DirectColor
    depth:    24 planes
    size of colormap:    256 entries
    red, green, blue masks:    0xff, 0xff00, 0xff0000
    significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
  number of mono multibuffer types:    6
    visual id, max buffers, depth:    0x27, 2, 12
    visual id, max buffers, depth:    0x28, 2, 12
    visual id, max buffers, depth:    0x29, 2, 12
    visual id, max buffers, depth:    0x2a, 2, 12
    visual id, max buffers, depth:    0x2b, 2, 15
    visual id, max buffers, depth:    0x2c, 2, 15
  number of stereo multibuffer types:    0

> Anyways, this bug should supposedly have been fixed in
> 1.1.13... Could you run testgtk under a debugger like:

>  gdb .libs/testgtk (gdb) r --sync

> And when it crashes, do:

>  (gdb) where

> to get a backtrace?

Here it is:

(gdb) r --sync
Starting program: /tmp/sandmann/gtk+-1.1.13/gtk/.libs/testgtk --sync
Gdk-Message: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

aborting...

0xef3748e8 in kill ()
(gdb) where
#0  0xef3748e8 in kill ()
#1  0xef33a66c in abort ()
#2  0xef5ba01c in g_logv (log_domain=0xef3dcaf8 "Gdk", log_level=G_LOG_LEVEL_ERROR, format=0x0, args1=0x6) at gmessages.c:382
#3  0xef5ba0b4 in g_log (log_domain=0xef3dcaf8 "Gdk", log_level=G_LOG_LEVEL_ERROR,
    format=0xef3dcbf0 "%s\n  serial %ld error_code %d request_code %d minor_code %d\n") at gmessages.c:399
#4  0xef3bd8fc in gdk_x_error (display=0x4de50, error=0xefffed10) at gdk.c:1013
#5  0xef539570 in _XError ()
#6  0xef5384ac in _XReply ()
#7  0xef535868 in XSync ()
#8  0xef5358c4 in _XSyncFunction ()
#9  0xef52d748 in XSetWindowBackgroundPixmap ()
#10 0xef3da480 in gdk_window_set_back_pixmap (window=0xf9ee0, pixmap=0x0, parent_relative=1) at gdkwindow.c:1211
#11 0xef64a7e4 in gtk_button_paint (widget=0xcedf8, area=0xda362) at gtkbutton.c:539
#12 0xef64aeb4 in gtk_button_expose (widget=0xcedf8, event=0xda358) at gtkbutton.c:650
#13 0xef757f30 in gtk_marshal_BOOL__POINTER (object=0xcedf8, func=0xef64acf0 <gtk_button_expose>, func_data=0x0,
    args=0xeffff278) at gtkmarshal.c:32
#14 0xef70485c in gtk_signal_real_emit (object=0xcedf8, signal_id=25, params=0xeffff278) at gtksignal.c:1460
#15 0xef7018c0 in gtk_signal_emit (object=0xcedf8, signal_id=25) at gtksignal.c:528
#16 0xef74a778 in gtk_widget_event (widget=0xcedf8, event=0xda358) at gtkwidget.c:2729