GNOME bug tracker

I wanted to start some discussion as to whether
we should be using the GNOME bug tracker as the
"official" GTK+ bug tracking system
(It is available at http://bugs.gnome.org, and
is based on the Debian bug-tracking system.)

It has a number of advantages:

 1) Anybody can add bugs, and anybody can also change
    the status of bugs or close them. (The latter
    might also be seen as a disadvantage, but I think
    the chance of people maliciously using the
    bug-tracking system is small)

 2) It's pretty simple to use. (Much more so than
    bugzilla or jitterbug). But it is also pretty
    complete. I can't think of too much we'd
    want that it doesn't do.

 3) At the present time, it looks like it is going
    to be in active use for the GNOME project,
    so it should be well maintained.

 4) Submission is by email, so we could provide
    a gtkbug script that can prompt people for the
    necessary information. (And fill in things
    like the version number itself)

Disadvantages:

 1) You can't do the kind of sophisticated searches
    that you can with some other bug-tracking
    systems.

 2) Submission is by email, so people with improperly
    configured machines might have trouble using it.

Anybody have thoughts on this?