Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 18:16:53 -0500
From: paulad@outlyer.org
To: gnome-list@gnome.org
Subject: Cookie file?

I compiled and installed the 0.95 Gnome stuff (libs, core, etc.) and I'm running
kernel 2.2.1. Finally, it's all built with GTK/Glib 1.1.14. I'm having strange problems though. The source all built perfectly. (Except for the po problem I've noticed some other people happening) But I get the following error:

---------------------

tosca:~$ panel

GLib-WARNING **: getpwuid_r(): failed due to: No such file or directory

** ERROR **: Could not open the cookie file
aborting...
Aborted

I had this problem once with a binary distribution (a slp distro.) but this is really quite weird. If anyone has any advice on what to do, that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Aubin

--
"I have a bone to pick, and a few to break." - Refused
---

--
        FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq