Re: size allocate signal sent everytime i repaint widget

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 23:00:29 Owen Taylor wrote:

> Mikael Hermansson <mikeh@bahnhof.se> writes:
>
> > Hello developers!
> >
> > I am working on my gtkextext widget and have a problem.
> >
> > If I am correct the "size_allocate" should only be sent when the widget
resizes.
> > But it looks like the size allocate is sent everytime i repaint the widget
with
> > "expose_event", Can it be because I clear the gdk_window area in
"expose_event"
> > or is it a bug in gtk?
>
> No, it's not either of these. (Well, I won't say that there are no bugs
> in GTK+, but I _really_ redoubt that any bugs in GTK+ cause a size_allocate
> to be sent on each expose.) Maybe you are changing the scrolled windows
> adjustments - this can cause size_allocate events.

hmm it looks like the problem was my test application.

I had a gtk_label in the same vbox as the textwidget
and everytime I changed the gtk_label_set() it send a size request
to all widgets in the same vbox (including gtkextext widget).

Greats

MikeH

---

Check out my homepage at (under heavy reconstruction):
http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh

Email: mikeh@bahnhof.se
international Phone 46-44-126995
Sweden Phone: 044-126995