Re: gtktext new base widget

I tried to load a 10Mb file (without font/color propertys ofcourse)
and it worked fine :-)

The line caching works fine to. You can scroll/insert very long textfiles
without problems.

I dont know how good the old gtktext is about this but 10 Mb looks good to me?

I will soon release the new version. I just want to implement line_wrap/word_wrap before release...

Greats

MikeH

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:19:13 you wrote:
> Mikael Hermansson wrote:
> >
> > I am working hard to get the gtkextext widget to be faster and will
> > soon release a new version.
>
> Please especially pay attention to how your widget copes with
> big stuff (large text volumes etc.) this is a common fault to
> discover later that a widget can't handle big things.
>
> Leon.
> --
> IBM Pollyanna Principle: Machines should work. People should think.

---

Check out my homepage at (under heavy reconstruction):
http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh

Email: mikeh@bahnhof.se
international Phone 46-44-126995
Sweden Phone: 044-126995