size allocate signal sent everytime i repaint widget

Hello developers!

I am working on my gtkextext widget and have a problem.

If I am correct the "size_allocate" should only be sent when the widget resizes.
But it looks like the size allocate is sent everytime i repaint the widget with
"expose_event", Can it be because I clear the gdk_window area in "expose_event"
or is it a bug in gtk?

The problem is that this means it will flicker alot because
I am recomputing the hscrollbar/vcrollbar in the "size_allocate".

How do I avoid this. I know i can stop disconnect the "size_allocate"
before send "expose_event" but it looks like an bad idea :-/

Any ideas?

Greats

MikeH

---

Check out my homepage at (under heavy reconstruction):
http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh

Email: mikeh@bahnhof.se
international Phone 46-44-126995
Sweden Phone: 044-126995