Re: GtkCList (was New 'GObject')

>  I am kind of wishing that Gtk+ would bite the bullet and
>  make a very general Table widget.  It should be dynamic in
>  all directions and provide iterator interfaces with queues
>  (head and tail pointers).  Arrays get into the problem of
>  reallocation constantly.  You can build quick caches for number
>  access in both directions.
>
>  This could then be used to replace HBox, VBox, List, CList, etc.
>  All are just special tabular widgets that could be emulated
>  with the very general widget.

You are confusing layout managers with data views.  GtkBox and
GtkTable are layout managers.  GtkCList is a data view.  Actually, it
is a blasted mess of data representation intermixed with the GUI code,
and that is why it is a royal pain in the ass to use.

For data views, you should use a model/view abstraction.  Please take
look at the ETable widget that Miguel is writing for Evolution, or at
the GnomeIconView I am writing for the Eye of Gnome.

  Federico