Re: Timescale issues

>  - Do a single 2.0 (or we could still call it 1.4) release in April or May
>    with all the new features.

	It would make sense to contact the primary maintainers of the
major Linux distributions to see when their next releases are planned.  If
we could time the release of 2.0 with the release of another major Redhat
and/or Debian (et. al) release, it would reduce the distribution headache
and give people like me an install base to target.

	I'm mostly an applications developer, so from the perspective of
the "user" I'd like to suggest not releasing a 1.4, and shooting for a 2.0
release in April.

	Going into release mode (with its new downloads, new compiles of
existing apps, new bugreports, bugfixes, new documentation of differences,
support issues, etc.) will also draw away focus and concentration from the
2.0 featureset.  I see that as wasted development time.

--Derek

P.S.> Yes, I know Linux is not the only platform Gtk+ is installed on, but
it certainly is the most widely used (and would probably cause the most
support questions)