g_int_hash function

Hello,
I am using the glib hash functions, and by my reading of the reference
manual, g_int_hash (and for that matter g_int_equal) should be taking an
integer value that has been cast to a gconstpointer and comparing them
by value. In practice though, g_int_hash takes a pointer to an int and
manipulates that, whilst g_direct_hash seems to act the way g_int_hash
is documented (for unsigned ints).
Which is correct, the documentation or the implementation?

Thanks,
Fred
--
"I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural
 ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit;