Re: Patch for importing Xlib Pixmaps into Gdk Pixmaps

Tor Lillqvist wrote:

> > X not available?  Does this mean that I should be worrying about
> > non-unix portability when writing gtk/gdk applications?
>
> Well.... if you use only gdk, not really. Normal portability concerns
> which are necessary anyway if you want your code to compile and run on
> all the various Unix systems out there should be enough to get the
> code running on Windows. (Unless it contains some inherently Unix- or
> even some Unix variant specific stuff, of course.)

Well, of course.  However, I'm wondering how people here feel about
making it possible to get the system-dependent primitives into gdk, no
matter what system you're running on.  Pixmaps for X, whatever the
equivelant is on Win32.

--Chris

--

Christopher Blizzard