Re: Patch for importing Xlib Pixmaps into Gdk Pixmaps

> X not available?  Does this mean that I should be worrying about
> non-unix portability when writing gtk/gdk applications?

Well.... if you use only gdk, not really. Normal portability concerns
which are necessary anyway if you want your code to compile and run on
all the various Unix systems out there should be enough to get the
code running on Windows. (Unless it contains some inherently Unix- or
even some Unix variant specific stuff, of course.)

(Path names is one obious thing, of course. But OTOH those are trivial
to fix for somebody interested in porting your code.)

(I haven't tried yet to build any other gtk/gdk -using applications
than the GIMP and gfonted on Windows.)

--tml