Re: Solutions to gmem.c ENABLE_MEM_CHECK crashes

On Oct 19, Martin Pool wrote:
> 1. Keep gmem.c as it is, and report attempts to free() gmem blocks as
>    bugs to the program authors, with patches.  Put in big flashing
>    warnings not to do this into the FAQ and documentation.

Isn't this already the case...?  I see no problem with requiring the
use of g_free, g_realloc, etc, as common sense dictates (to me
anyways) that this should already be the case.  If you're going to use
a tool to allocate, you should certainly use the same tool to free
(for another example, see libPropList).

-Phil

'The ultimate seal on any software product is not any sort of kite mark or
standards conformance certificate, it's that label that says, "Destruction
tested by Alan Cox.... Survived."' -- Clive Dolphin (3Com PDD)